- 244 Download
- 8.91 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- June 6, 2019 Create Date
- June 18, 2019 Last Updated
After viewing these resources students will be able to provide oral health education to parents and caregivers on the risk for, causes and consequences of early childhood caries and promote preventive oral care and treatment services for infants by:
- Understanding the prevalence, etiology and consequences of early childhood caries.
- Conducting a dental caries risk assessment.
- Identifying stages of caries development.
- Implementing prevention strategies (i.e. fluoride).
- Providing appropriate anticipatory guidance.