- 455 Download
- 21.87 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- June 6, 2019 Create Date
- June 18, 2019 Last Updated
After viewing these resources students will be able to provide oral health education to women on the potential impact of dental infections on pregnancy and the importance of preventive oral care and treatment services throughout pregnancy by:
- Recognizing the need to establish optimal oral health prior to pregnancy.
- Understanding the association between inflammatory response and adverse birth outcomes (i.e. low birth weight and pre-term delivery).
- Identifying bacteria implicated in the inflammatory response system.
- Understanding the association between maternal oral bacteria and dental caries risk to her child.
- Providing dental care that is safe and ethical throughout all stages of pregnancy.