- 252 Download
- 7.06 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- June 6, 2019 Create Date
- June 18, 2019 Last Updated
After viewing these resources students will be able to describe the components of a dental visit for a young child and recognize the importance of establishing a dental home for a child by age 1 or after the eruption of the first tooth by:
- Understanding primary prevention of disease and the importance of the age 1 dental visit.
- Using a knee to knee position to provide dental services.
- Performing an oral inspection and caries risk assessment.
- Applying preventive treatments (i.e. fluoride).
- Providing anticipatory guidance based on age of child.
- Understanding what constitutes a dental home.
- Recognizing the need of referral for dental treatment.
- Recognizing billable dental codes for provided services.
|1560876827wpdm_Age 1 Dental Visit_FINAL.pptx||Download|