The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recently launched the ‘#CallYourPediatrician‘ campaign. The campaign highlights the importance of well-child visits and vaccinations during COVID-19.
With the beginning of the school year quickly approaching, and uncertainties on what that will look like, it is still important for families to schedule well-child visits and for clinics to promote doing so.
To maintain sanitary and safe conditions, clinics can:
- separate ‘sick’ and ‘well’ times and areas
- utilize phone check-in and in-car waiting rooms
- use video visits when possible
Video visits are becoming more common during COVID-19. The concept may seem foreign, but the #CallYourPediatrician campaign provided these tips for parents:
- know your child’s weight and temperature
- have a list of specialists your child sees
- know your pharmacy information
- know the medications that your child takes
The main thing to remember is this: Well-child visits and staying up-to-date on your child’s vaccinations are important! Clinics are a safe and clean environment, and some clinics may be using video visits as an alternative to in-person visits.