Wisconsin Asthma Coalition
The Wisconsin Asthma Coalition’s (WAC) mission is to develop and implement a sustainable statewide action plan that expands and improves the quality of asthma education, prevention, management, and services and eliminates the disproportionate burden of asthma in racial/ethnic and low-income populations.
Since the WAC’s inception in 2001 the role of the Alliance has been to coordinate the coalition, which has grown to more than 200 members, and facilitate the creation and implementation of the Wisconsin Asthma Plan.
The WAC Executive Committee meets monthly in-person to guide, monitor, and make recommendations to implement the Wisconsin Asthma Plan.
- Use the Wisconsin Asthma Plan 2009-2014 - An updated blueprint for addressing asthma in Wisconsin created by the Wisconsin Asthma Coalition.
View full plan.
View executive summary.
- Attend WAC meetings - national and local expert speakers, interactive discussion, programs, tools and networking opportunities.
May 9-10, 2013
Stepping it up.
- Keynote - Advances in the treatment of asthma – what is the future? William Busse, MD
- Plain language: Oral communication, Michele Erikson
- Using collaborative leadership to take your partnership one step further, Sarah Schlosser
- Using public policy to advance asthma management, Dona Wininsky
- Talking it up: WAC town hall, Erika Horstmann, PharmD
- Bringing the message home to families, Katie Halverson
- Attendee list.
- WAC mini grants - as an initiative of WAC, the Alliance manages annual mini grants to support the implementation of the Wisconsin Asthma Plan.
- WAC mini grant request for proposal 2013-14.
- WAC mini grant budget form.
- Join a WAC Local Asthma Coalition - WAC Local Asthma Coalitions are located throughout Wisconsin working to implement asthma activities at the local level. Learn more.
Your Dose of Oxygen
(as needed email)
Asthma updates featuring information on Wisconsin Asthma Coalition activities, educational programs, research articles and grant opportunities.
View latest issue.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) Asthma Program has received funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) since 2001 to support coalition activities and intensive statewide surveillance. The Alliance is contracted by DHS to coordinate the WAC and the creation, distribution and implementation of the Wisconsin Asthma Plan. The current funding, a five-year CDC Cooperative Agreement, continues coalition efforts and implementation of the plan.
Wisconsin Asthma Coalition
Smoke-free lifestyle radio ad
This ad targets college campuses statewide. The ad appeals to smokers and non-smokers alike with scenarios on asthma triggers and the importance of making better choices. The goal is to encourage students to be empowered and lead a smoke-free lifestyle. Listen to the ad.